I represent grandparents and other relatives seeking guardianship of children.  When a family member is abusing or neglecting his or her children, it may be necessary to seek guardianship so that you can take the children into your care.  This is never an easy decision or action to take.  When it becomes necessary, though, I help relatives navigate this process.

Representation may include:

  • Assessing the viability of any claims that a child is being abused, neglected, denied proper care, or abandoned;
  • Advising family members of their options;
  • Filing petitions for removal of the parent as guardian in Probate Court; and
  • Representation in proceedings before the Probate Court.